Gummy vitamins for hair growth take nutrients that would normally go in a capsule or tablet and instead deliver them in a chewable, tasty “candy” bites. But if you’ve tried gummies before and haven’t noticed a difference—or are considering starting a gummy regimen for hair wellness—you’re not alone in wondering if these sweet nutrient-packed bites are actually worth it.
From worries that gummy vitamins aren’t as good as traditional ones to questionable ingredients, knowing what you’re getting can help you find the right gummy for hair growth. What does science say when it comes to getting lush hair from a gummy? And what should you look for in a supplement? Here’s your checklist for finding the best gummy for extraordinary hair.
Look for Low Sugar
Are vitamins and minerals really effective if they’re packed in a sugary gummy?
According to NYTimes.com, gummy vitamins can contain as many as 8 grams of sugar per serving, which is 32 extra calories all just from vitamins!
Depending on the recommended dose of your gummy, you could be getting more sugar than you think—and too much sugar can actually work against hair growth. That’s because excessive sugar in your diet can cause overproduction of sebum, which is your body’s natural oil that protects your skin and scalp. While sebum is beneficial for thick, full hair, too much sebum can lead to inflammation, which can cause lack of blood flow to the scalp and potentially lead to hair loss .
Lovestruck Biotin Gummies for Hair, which contains a natural strawberry flavor, contains zero grams of sugar.
Verify Beneficial Ingredients to Support Your Most Brilliant Hair Yet
Can’t you just get the vitamins and minerals in gummies from food? While food can certainly deliver helpful vitamins and minerals for glossy and gorgeous hair, vitamins are formulated to deliver a powerful combination of clinically researched nutrients for hair growth, all delivered in just one supplement.
When you’re choosing a gummy, check that the supplement contains the following vitamins and minerals for gorgeous hair:
- Vitamin A. “Critically important” for skin, hair and sebaceous glands (which produce sebum!), vitamin A is an undeniable star in supporting your hair wellness .
- B Vitamins, including biotin. Also known as vitamin B-7, biotin is a crucial player in hair growth. A deficiency in biotin has been linked to hair loss, so ensuring you have enough of this beneficial nutrient can help you maintain your beautiful hair or stimulate new growth .
- Vitamin E. An antioxidant that helps neutralize free radical damage—which can accelerate aging and cell maturation, leading to graying hair and hair loss—vitamin E can support luscious and glossy hair .
- Zinc. People experiencing hair loss are commonly deficient in zinc, a mineral that plays a key role in the health of hair follicles and even supporting damaged hair follicle recovery .
- Vitamin D. Deficiency in vitamin D can influence hair loss , and vitamin D also has the potential to support new hair growth , making it a powerful ally for hair health!
If your gummy doesn’t contain these nutrient superstars, it might be time to reconsider your supplement. Getting all of these nutrients in one vitamin is super convenient, but the quality of your gummy matters!
Vegamour’s gummy vitamins are scientifically formulated to deliver the optimal amount of nutrients needed for hair health and wellness, and they’re safe when taken as recommended.
Check the Ingredients to Rule Out Artificial Colors, Flavors and Other Harmful Additives
Ingredients can certainly be questionable in gummy vitamins. From animal products such as gelatin to artificial flavors and colors, not every gummy is your ideal partner in hair wellness.
Why are these ingredients bad? Artificial flavors and colors contain chemicals that can lead to free radical formation in the body . Free radicals can lead to oxidative stress (an imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in your body), which can be an influential factor in causing graying hair and hair loss .
Checking the ingredient list to ensure your gummies don’t contain these harmful additives can help you find a delicious, plant-based vitamin that’s just as wholesome as it is effective!
Plant-Based Gummies for Extraordinary Hair Wellness: Lovestruck and GRO+ Advanced
Vegamour’s gummy vitamins contain clinically-proven nutrients for all the oomph your hair needs without harsh additives or excessive sugar.
Lovestruck Biotin Gummies for Hair contain vitamins A, B, C, D and E to neutralize free radicals and stimulate lush new hair growth, with 0 grams of sugar and completely natural flavors for your best hair ever.
GRO+ Advanced Hemp Hair Care Gummies include broad-spectrum cannabidiol (CBD) oil to nurture stronger, thicker hair by reducing inflammation and improving circulation. With research-backed vitamins and minerals, no artificial colors or flavors and just two grams of sugar per gummy, GRO+ supports your most glossy hair yet.